Discussion with Steven Sussman, Ph.D – Child and Adolescent Psychologist Co-Founder of the Child and Teen Success Centers in NY and NJ Video Rating: / 5
Michael Bohn, MD, addiction psychiatrist with the Adolescent Substance Abuse Program in Wisconsin discusses the issues faced by families and adolescents who are facing drug and alcohol addictions. Video Rating: / 5
Here are warning signs that your liver is suffering and how to prevent damage. According to the John Hopkins Medicine Health Library, cirrhosis and other chronic liver diseases are common causes of death in the U.S. It also states that, on average, 31,000 people in the U.S. die each year from cirrhosis. So it’s imperative for people to look for signs of liver damage.
#Liver #LiverDamage #LiverDisease
6. Yellow Skin or Eyes (Jaundice): 0:11
5. Confusion: 1:08
4. Muscle Wasting: 1:46
3. Abdominal Aches: 2:16
2. Pain In Your Joints: 3:17
1. Skin Spots: 3:43
6. Yellow Skin or Eyes (Jaundice): Jamile Wakim-Fleming, a liver disease expert at Cleveland Clinic, explains that damaged liver causes your skin or eyes to become yellow because it allows bilirubin (a yellow compound) into your blood. If your liver is healthy, it will be able to dispose of bilirubin, Fleming adds.
5. Confusion: One of the signs of liver damage is if you begin to experience confusion. According to Fleming, a damaged liver can allow too much copper to build up in your blood and brain. This can lead to Alzheimer’s-like symptoms. She adds that if you’re experiencing this, chances are it’s not the only symptom you’ve experienced. Confusion is associated with advanced-stage liver disease.
4. Muscle Wasting: If you have an oversized stomach with swollen ankles and skinny/weak arms and legs, it could be a direct result from fluid imbalances that are commonly caused by a diseased liver, says Fleming. This can also occur around your temples and or above your cheeks. Fleming adds that these symptoms are late-stage liver disease symptoms, so it’s highly unlikely you’ll experience these symptoms out of the blue.
3. Abdominal Aches: According to Bruce Bacon, a professor of internal medicine at the St. Louis University School of Medicine, one common sign of liver damage is abdominal aches. Bacon says you’ll feel swelling or pain in the right upper quadrant of your abdomen. The reason it’ll be the right side is that the fat end of the liver is on the right side.
2. Pain In Your Joints: Fleming states that vomiting, joint pain, fatigue and loss of appetite are all interrelated symptoms of liver disease – mainly autoimmune hepatitis. This is a condition where your immune system attacks the cell tissues in your liver. According to the National Institutes of Health, this condition is more common in women than men.
1. Skin Spots: According to Fleming, if your liver is not properly cleaning the blood in your body, clotting issues can occur near the surface of your skin. Fleming adds that these clotting issues can cause large skin blemishes.
How to Prevent Liver Damage: One way to prevent your liver from being damaged is to increase your intake of vitamin E. When making changes to your diet, you should also incorporate more foods like nuts into your diet. Vitamin E can help minimize the symptoms of liver disease, and nuts are high in vitamin E. It can help reduce symptoms of liver disease by preventing cell damage, according to researchers at Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine. Some of the best sources of vitamin E are nuts, wheat germ, seeds, vegetable oils and leafy greens.
One thing you can do to improve your liver health is eat a diet that is rich in nutrients. You should also eliminate large portion sizes from your diet. Overeating can cause liver damage, and limiting your portion sizes can help reduce how many calories you are eating every day, which can help with weight loss and ultimately minimize liver damage.
Monitor Your Alcohol Intake: Alcohol abuse is the number one cause of liver damage. The easiest way to ensure that your liver is healthy is to watch how much you consume. People who drink a lot of alcohol can damage their liver because whenever a person’s liver filters alcohol, it has to work harder to filter it. Drinking large amounts of alcohol can also cause buildup of alcohol fatty liver disease. In fact, a study completed by London’s Royal Free Hospital studied regular drinkers who cut out alcohol for one entire month. The results of the study proved that there was an average of a 15 percent decrease in liver fat. The study also showed that the people who cut alcohol from their systems showed cholesterol and blood sugar level improvements.
Subscribe to Bestie : https://goo.gl/tUqro6
Our Social Media:
Medical Disclaimer: https://pastebin.com/xLmigD6i
Effects of Alcohol on the brain quit alcohol how to stop drinking alcoholism buy pills http://amzn.to/2rXhgZP . Alcohol effects on body lungs, liver .Withdrawal alcohol abuse alcohol poisoning alcohol withdrawal symptoms & stop drinking addiction drug abuse or alcohol addiction substance abuse r signs of alcoholism so quit drinking & alcoholic see symptoms of alcoholism & stop drinking alcohol alcohol dependence make quitting drinking symptoms of alcohol withdrawal how to help an alcoholic & alcoholism symptoms say how to quit alcohol & stopping drinking or you will get drinking problem so quitting alcohol is best alcohol withdrawal syndrome signs of an alcoholic r worst causes of alcoholism read what is alcohol abuse & alcoholism signs to know more about
alcohol effects & alcohol problems.Help for alcoholics withdrawal symptoms of alcohol rehab for avoiding alcohol consumption alcoholic symptoms for alcohol withdrawal treatment see alcohol facts & drugs and alcohol & alcoholism treatment don’t be alcoholics it is alcohol addictive so how to stop drinking wine is
facts about alcohol go for alcohol treatment ask yourself what is alcoholism and long term effects of alcohol or side effects of alcohol which are the effects of alcohol or effects of alcoholism injurious to drinking alcohol side effects and alcohol poisoning treatment & benefits of quitting drinking.
Ask what is alcohol & binge drinking to alcohol detox & join alcohol rehab to reduce alcohol effects and substance abuse which effects of alcohol on the body & dangers of alcohol r short term effects of alcohol am i an alcoholic i know negative effects of alcohol & drinking too much alcohol effects of alcohol on the brain & harmful effects of alcohol & physical effects of alcohol see how alcohol affects the body & cause of teenage drinking alcohol recovery and Alcohol effects on body don’t get alcohol addiction watch alcohol short film about alcohol vs weed or alcohol documentary and alcohol abuse for knowing how alcohol effects on body in hindi it too effects
alcoholic liver disease pathophysiology watch alcoholic liver disease animation alcoholic liver disease symptoms and alcoholic liver cirrhosis it too alcohol effects on liver and on human body such as severely alcohol effects on brain which makes you alcoholism and death cause for sure.
Remember alcoholism and depression, alcoholism and mental illness are effecting alcoholism and the brain and finally alcoholism and the family which directly makes alcoholism and women reaches alcoholism and genetics and alcoholism and anorexia so many also alcohol and bodybuilding wrong alcohol and phenol wrong effect on
alcohol and brain reflection on alcohol and liver and your brain most people use alcohol and weed danger alcohol and heart symptoms so alcohol and fire makes alcohol kills alcohol killing bacteria are true but excessive alcohol kills brain cells and how does alcohol kill germs you will say alcohol is killing me so alcohol is injurious to health & quit alcohol or you will have quit alcohol hypnosis and you will search for quit alcohol motivation there wont be quit alcohol weight loss scheme so quit drinking alcohol
and how to quit alcohol is easy be informed there are very bad effects of alcohol. Video Rating: / 5
Thank you for sharing your precious time with me while I invite you and the world into one of the most challenging times of my life. I had planned on touring the west coast during the summer of 2013. This journey was designed for me to attend as many events, gatherings, festivals, and conferences as possible to be of service with my gifts and spread as much love as possible. It was a dream come true to bring a multi sensory healing dome to Lucidity, one of my favorite annual events, and experience the magically transformation of others through sharing multiple modalities of the healing arts. After the event my partner fell asleep at the wheel, crashing practically head on into another who ended up passing away. As you can imagine, waking up to this reality was very traumatic. I was in shock for the first 6+ months, even when making this video. I look back and see how I was asking for financial support for my medical bills (this video was for a fundraiser) when really that money was going to heal my body and provide basic living needs bc I was un able to show up for work with the amount of pain my body was in. It has been quiet the journey to recovery. I am writing this update now in 2018 to thank everyone who has helped along the way and although I am doing much better, my body has never been the same and there are many layers of muscular damage I am still healing. So many life lessons have revealed themself to me during this process and Im grateful to be able to share what I have learned with others.